This course is presented by the Australian Society for Concrete Pavements under agreement
with Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
Note: The ASCP is currently taking ‘waitlist registrations’ for the training. Once we have a cohort to conduct the training, you will be contacted with possible dates.
Class Size and Format
The course is intended for individuals or organisations requiring training. For organisations the ASCP can conduct the course with a minimum of 10 and maximum 30 people requiring the course. ASCP typically provides the course at the organisations preferred location. The course can also be presented online.
Course attendance is mandatory (under TfNSW Major Roadworks specifications) for concrete paving crews and their immediate supervisors. Participation is also recommended for associated staff such as engineers, project managers, testing operators, audit & surveillance staff, quality managers and materials suppliers. Participants on successful completion of the course are issued with a Grey Card (Valid for 5 years) from TfNSW. The course is suitable for maintenance crews but does not specifically cover maintenance issues.
- Session 01 – Pavement elements
- Session 02a – Basics of making good concrete
- Session 02b – Control of slump and water
- Session 03 – Forms, reinforcement, dowels and tiebars
- Session 04 – Compaction
- Session 05 – Placing and paving
- Session 06 – Finishing and texturing
- Session 07 – Curing , protection & joints
- Session 08 – Questionnaire
Delivery and evaluation
- Online or In-Person
- Six hours plus Assessment Questionnaire
- TfNSW Grey Card issued
- Required by TfNSW (and similar DoT’s)
- Contact email@example.com