The Australian Society for Concrete Pavements (ASCP) recently held its inaugural Awards for Technical Excellence The ceremony was held in conjunction with the March 2022 Forum and 2022 Annual General Meeting. The face-to-face event was an opportunity to celebrate and network with friends and colleagues in the concrete pavement community for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic.
There were five (5) awards presented on the night. Each winner was chosen by an independent board of selectors. The Awards categories were split into the following categories:
- Arvo Tinni Award for Best Urban Pavement Infrastructure Design or Construction Project Award
- John Hodgkinson Award for Best Rural Pavement Design or Construction Project
- David Dash Innovation Award
- Geoff Ayton Young Leader in Concrete Pavements Award
- Kevin Abrams Award for Service to Industry
These awards were chosen to honour 5 eminent individuals in the ASCP community. Two of whom, we tragically lost in 2021, our hearts go out to family and friends of David Dash and Kevin Abrams. Their names will live on in the concrete pavements community, through these accolades.
Arvo Tinni Award for Best Urban Pavement Infrastructure Design or Construction Project Award.
- M12 concept design
- Melbourne Airport pavement maintenance
- Sydney Airport paving
- M1 to Raymond Terrace
- Warringah Freeway
Arcadis – Concept Design for the M12.
John Hodgkinson Award for Best Rural Pavement Design or Construction Project.
- Kariong to Somersby
- Barton Highway
Kariong to Somersby M1 Upgrade.
David Dash Innovation Award.
- Rozelle Interchange
- Sydney Gateway shared path design
- K2S diamond grinding sludge waste
- Roller compacted concrete
- TMR NACOE concrete rubbilisation
Arcadis shared path (ATL) Sydney Gateway
Geoff Ayton Young Leader in Concrete Pavements Award.
- James Walker
- Caleb Hayde
- Michael Ghattas
Kevin Abrams Award for Service to Industry.
- David Slingsby x 3
The ASCP would like to acknowledge the winners of these awards and congratulate them on their achievements that have lead them to the acquisition of these awards.