The Concrete Pavements in the Mexican Highways

Paper by PADILLA CORONA from ISCR 9th 2004 Instanbul Turkey

In Mexico, since november of 1993 to september of 2002, a total of 3046 km of concrete pavement lanes are either in operation or construction, where 74% of them are built as new structure and the rest, 26 % has been used as reinforcement placed on an existing aphalt pavement. In this article are presented the most important characteristics of the practice of concrete pavement utilization in our country, including methods of design, type of pavement joints, dowels, sealed of joints, shoulders, devices of drainage, characteristics of subbases, etc. The preliminary results of studies of performance of these pavements, including superficial and structural evaluation as well as studies of condition, are also presented.

Want to access information like this and more?

For as little a $175 a year, you can access this document and all others in our library. You will also get free access to our regular forums and discounts on our conferences. Join today!
Become A Member

Back to Resources