Presentation by Jim Grove, Jim Cable and Peter Taylor on Concrete Pavement Patching from Sydney Forum 17 August 2009
Jim Grove (Federal Highway Administration), Dr Jim Cable (Cable Concrete Consultation) and Dr Peter Taylor (National Concrete Pavement Technology Centre) present on improving concrete patching practices.
Areas covered included:
- Strength focus - are we neglecting durability
- Why do we patch?
- How long should a patch last?
- Opening strength requirements
- Thickness requirements
- High early strength cements
- Interaction of thickness and opening strength requirements