This course is presented by the Australian Society for Concrete Pavements under agreement with Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
Date: Friday 22nd September 2023
Class Size and Format
The course is intended for individuals or organisations requiring training. This course date is presented online.
For organisations with a minimum of 10 participants, the ASCP can conduct the course face-to-face at the organisations preferred location. Please submit your EOI here.
Course attendance is mandatory (under TfNSW Major Roadworks specifications) for concrete paving crews and their immediate supervisors. Participation is also recommended for associated staff such as engineers, project managers, testing operators, audit & surveillance staff, quality managers and materials suppliers. Participants on successful completion of the course are issued with a Grey Card (Valid for 5 years) from TfNSW. The course is suitable for maintenance crews but does not specifically cover maintenance issues.
- Session 01 – Pavement elements
- Session 02a – Basics of making good concrete
- Session 02b – Control of slump and water
- Session 03 – Forms, reinforcement, dowels and tiebars
- Session 04 – Compaction
- Session 05 – Placing and paving
- Session 06 – Finishing and texturing
- Session 07 – Curing , protection & joints
- Session 08 – Questionnaire
Delivery and evaluation
- Online via MS Teams
- Six hours plus Assessment Questionnaire
- TfNSW Grey Card issued
- Required by TfNSW (and similar DoT’s)
- Contact email@example.com