Councils across New South Wales are responsible for millions of dollars of infrastructure assets. Every day staff in councils need to make difficult decisions about investment, maintenance renewal and upgrade if existing assets, whilst facing demands from the community to build new infrastructure.
- An understanding of Asset Management and its application
- An understanding of the importance of Asset Management and why we should do it
- An overview of the Asset Management reporting requirements for NSW local government and what councils are required to do
- Practical applications of AM knowledge: levels of service, collecting and recording asset data, informing AM documents and providing advice to management on assets
- Real-life case studies to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly side of Asset Management application
- Tools that you can use to make AM knowledge work for you in your workplace.
Presenter: Dr Nassim Ghosni