Presentation by Jeffrey S. Gagnon from ASCP 4th Concrete Pavements Conference 2017
The Federal Aviation Administration (U.S) (FAA) have the 'Regulatory obligation to develop standards, criteria, and guidelines for planning, designing, constructing, operating, and maintaining the U. S. airport system.'
The FAA has several facilities available for research and development including:
- National Airport Pavement Test Facility (NAPTF)
- National Airport Pavement Materials Research Center (NAPMRC)
- FAA NextGen Pavement Materials Lab
This presentation highlights key areas of research conducted by the FAA.
- Pavement Thickness Design
- Aircraft / Airport Compatibility
- Airport Pavement Management
- Advanced Pavement Materials