Presentation by John Cruickshank on Concrete pavements in Malaysia from ASCP Forum March 2017
C&CA of Malaysia
- Very similar to CCAA in Australia 30 years ago, i.e. funded by the cement industry by tonnage levy.
- In late 1990s C&CA decided to promote road pavements. (None built since NSE and NKVE)
- Contacted Geoff Ayton at RTA for assistance.
- Geoff too busy, so John Cruickshank got involved as C&CA’s consultant.
North South Expressway (NSE) and North Klang Valley Expressway (NKVE)
- Constructed c 1989-1990
- Foreign consultants, contractors
- Total approx. 1000 km
- Approx. 25% concrete pavement
- UK style Specifications
- Built using both Rail Form Paving Trains and Slipform pavers