Presentation by Daniel Bosco (Bluey) from ASCP Online Forum 18 May 2020
What is shrinkage?
- measurement of change in concrete dimension after casting
- The dimension change is recorded as the difference between two points in time
- In accordance with the conditions
- Moisture available
Why do we measure shrinkage?
- To understand how a cement product will perform in the field
- The displacements caused by shrinkage will apply loads that need to be considered
- Movement joints and other mechanisms can be applied to reduce cracking
Other aspects covered include Timing of Shrinkage and Cracking